"Know thyself" translation

  • Ingeborg S. Nordén
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 9:11 AM
      Greetings, everyone!

      Actually, the word for "know" in the sense of "familiarity with a
      person"...the one you'd need to express "know thyself"...is not _vita_ but
      _kenna_. Also, the verb would need to be in the imperative mood (_kenn_);
      I'd probably translate the phrase as _kenn þik sjálfr_, though my
      Swedish-speaking influence might be showing here.

      ----
      Ingeborg S. Nordén
      (runelady@...)
      Ek Ingwibergô stabaz fahiðô