ok lét hann leika laust knéit í brókinni

  • simonfittonbrown@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi,

      In Zoega we have:
      brók (-ar, pl. brœkr), f. (1) one leg of a pair of breeches (ok lét hann leika laust knéit í brókinni); (2) breeches (but the pl.'brœkr' is more common); vera í brókum, to wear breeches; gyrðr í brœkr, with breeches girt over one's underclothing.

      Re ok lét hann leika laust knéit í brókinni, does it mean something like HE LET HIS KNEE PLAY LOOSE (I.E. DANGLE) IN HIS TROUSER LEG?

      Best wishes,

      Simon