Character Sets

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Allergic to techno-babble? Happy with your
      current character settings? Then stop reading :)

      - - -

      I've been wondering whether to switch from ISO-8859-1
      (AKA Latin-1) to ISO-8859-15 (AKA Latin-9 AKA Latin-0).
      The advantage would be that the latter allows oe-ligature.

      If you configure your system to use ISO-8859-15 you should see
      the following characters as oe-ligatures. If you have it configured
      to ISO-8859-1 you should see them as fractions (one half and one fourth):

      ½ (small oe-ligature)
      ¼ (capital oe-ligature)

      There are no other significant differences between the two character
      sets so if you have your system configured to one you'll be able to
      read the other with ease.

      It's probably still not worth the bother, though...

    • Dæg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        > I've been wondering whether to switch from ISO-8859-1
        > (AKA Latin-1) to ISO-8859-15 (AKA Latin-9 AKA Latin-0).
        > The advantage would be that the latter allows oe-ligature.

        Hints on how to do this is WIndows?

        Dæg