Re: New ONLI website

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2000
      I looked at the website.

      I applaud all efforts to help people
      learning Old Norse but I fear this site
      contains too many errors to be useful.

      Regards,
      Haukur

      --- In norse_course@egroups.com, howat60@h... wrote:
      > This may be of some interest to many. The Old Norse Language
      Instite

      http://www.geocities.com/ordlag_godvegr/Old_Norse_Language_Institute.h
      > tm
      >
      > It contains a English/Old Norse dictionary (first ever). Got a
      word,
      > find its Old Norse equivalent. making it easier to write in Old
      > Norse.
      > It small now, but will grow as time passes.
      >
      > There is also Linguistic tools availble.
      > Grammar and pronunciation will evolve as well.
      >

      > Anthanarik
    • Medhal Mikit Stór-Ljon Oddhinsson
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
        Heill

        I went to t'is website mentioned here, but yahoo geocites informed
        that this one is no longer online.

        Anyone know about another ON Online dictionary?
        (ON to english and EN to ON of course)

        þókk

        Medhal Mikit Stór-ljon

        --- In norse_course@y..., "Haukur Thorgeirsson" <falconsword@h...>
        wrote:
        > I looked at the website.
        >
        > I applaud all efforts to help people
        > learning Old Norse but I fear this site
        > contains too many errors to be useful.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Haukur
        >

        > --- In norse_course@egroups.com, howat60@h... wrote:
        > > This may be of some interest to many. The Old Norse Language
        > Instite
        > > has just put up a website.

        http://www.geocities.com/ordlag_godvegr/Old_Norse_Language_Institute.h
        > > tm
        > >
        > > It contains a English/Old Norse dictionary (first ever). Got a
        > word,
        > > find its Old Norse equivalent. making it easier to write in Old
        > > Norse.
        > > It small now, but will grow as time passes.
        > >
        > > There is also Linguistic tools availble.
        > > Grammar and pronunciation will evolve as well.
        > >

        > > Anthanarik
      • Shawn Wing
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2001
          Has anyone else tried this link? I got it to work.

          wrote:
          > I looked at the website.
          >
          > I applaud all efforts to help people
          > learning Old Norse but I fear this site
          > contains too many errors to be useful.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Haukur
          >

          > --- In norse_course@egroups.com, howat60@h... wrote:
          > > This may be of some interest to many. The Old Norse Language
          > Instite
          > > has just put up  a website.

          http://www.geocities.com/ordlag_godvegr/Old_Norse_Language_Institute.h
          > > tm
          > >
          > > It contains a English/Old Norse dictionary (first ever). Got a
          > word,
          > > find its Old Norse equivalent. making  it easier to write in Old
          > > Norse.
          > > It small now, but will grow as time passes.
          > >
          > > There is also Linguistic tools availble.
          > > Grammar and pronunciation will evolve as well.
          > >

          > > Anthanarik

          Sumir hafa kvæði...
          ...aðrir spakmæli.

          - Keth

        • Lynda Maynard
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2001
            Worked for me. Although it appears as if the original link got wrapped to the next line,
            which would cause it to not work.