Re: [norse_course] Sound Updates

  • Christopher Evans
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 3, 2003
      Yes...like a special font; I'm looking for one as
      well. I'm also curious what Universities have good
      graduate programs in Old Teutonic Languages, as I'm
      stongly considering it.

      Kvedja

      Christopher
      --- Haukur Thorgeirsson <haukurth@...> wrote:
      > > hail all. Two things, 1, Is there a program i can
      > > download for writing in ON or OI.
      >
      > Program? Do you mean like a special font?
      >

      > > 2, i hope it is ok
      > > to copy the lessons of the web page.
      > > Sorry i did not ask before.
      >
      > That sort of depends on where you copy them to.
      > If you're just talking about private storage and
      > use on your computer that's all right - but if you
      > want to mirror my website or something like that
      > I'd appreciate you ask first.
      >
      > Kve�ja
      > Haukur

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Gary Spaulding
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 5, 2003
        sorry i did not get back to you but yes a font to let
        me write in old norse on my puter. And no i would
        never mirror you site it is on my hard drive just for
        me.
        --- Haukur Thorgeirsson <haukurth@...> wrote:
        > > hail all. Two things, 1, Is there a program i can
        > > download for writing in ON or OI.
        >
        > Program? Do you mean like a special font?
        >

        > > 2, i hope it is ok
        > > to copy the lessons of the web page.
        > > Sorry i did not ask before.
        >
        > That sort of depends on where you copy them to.
        > If you're just talking about private storage and
        > use on your computer that's all right - but if you
        > want to mirror my website or something like that
        > I'd appreciate you ask first.
        >
        > Kve�ja
        > Haukur

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Sarah Bowen
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 8, 2003
          Hi Christopher!

          Don't know where you're from, but University College London has a good
          Scandinavian Studies Dept and I believe a good German Dept as well. You can
          do an honours degree in Icelandic Studies there. Have a look at their
          website www.ucl.ac.uk

          Good luck,
          Sarah.