"Addum ien gard" in Dalecarian 18th century runes

  • arnljotr
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2002
      I have put up a site where the poem "Addum ien gard" is written with
      (a version of) the 18th century Dalecarlian rune system used in
      Älvdalen. Here is a link to a site from where you can can get it:

      http://www.geocities.com/jepe2503/hogsvenska/dalska_dikter.html

      I recommend you to simultaneously listen to the sound-file and
      reading the rune version of "Addum ien gard" (after learning the rune
      system used, but if you know the norwegian medieval rune system, you
      wouldn't have any trouble learning it).

      If you wonder where Älvdalen is situated, your question will be
      answered with this link
      http://www.alvdalsfonster.com/images/sverige.GIF

      /Annliuote