Ørlögþættir: Heathen notions of fate.

  • Steven T. Hatton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2002
      I'm still working on my Ørlögþættir theory, and haven't come up with a lot of
      original material I can draw upon. Can someone tell me where I might find
      examples of how fate plays into the lives of characters in the sagas? Is
      there any explicit mention of the Norns in the sagas? What dose the term
      'fylgia' conote, and where is it used in the lore? Is there any description
      of the Norns in terms of spinners?

      Also, can someone tell me where to find a discussion of Old Norse textile
      technologies? I believe understandig that topic would be very helpful in
      weaving my exposition.

      TIA,

      Steven