Re: Where to post solutions?

  • Óskar Guðlaugsson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2000
      --- In norse_course@egroups.com, "Haukur Thorgeirsson"
      <falconsword@h...> wrote:
      > Some further clarifications.
      >
      > Post your solutions to _both_ of us:
      >
      > haukurth@h... (Haukur)
      > hr_oskar@h... (Óskar)
      >
      > Please use the address above for my copy.

      I and Haukur had a long discussion about this group today. We decided
      the arrangement above wouldn't work, because if I for example get
      solutions that I know Haukur also got, I won't answer until I know
      he's not going to answer them too. Which is really slow, as we then
      always have to check what the other's doing. Which is why classrooms
      always contain just one teacher, not two. We're going to need to
      divide the students between us, each of us being responsible to
      specific students, who would post solutions to one of us only.

      Since there are apparently a lot more German students here than we
      expected, especially compared to the amount of _active_ Anglo-Saxons,
      we also decided to make special arrangements. To begin with, I
      suggest all German and Scandinavian students post their solutions to
      me and English speakers post to Haukur; those that remain (if any)
      post to me also and tell me a little about their linguistic
      background. This will also mean that I am going to be producing a bit
      more material aimed at German speakers, such as the quick
      pronunciation guide I wrote this morning; I'm not good enough at
      German to be able to write it properly, but I have good enough
      knowledge of the nature of the language, how it's pronounced, and its
      relation to ON/MnIce.

      And yes, as I said, I'd really like to hear from the non-Germanic-
      speaking students here, if there are any. Romance speakers, for
      example, are in for good service here, because both of us are long-
      time students of French, and I have considerable knowledge of Latin
      and Spanish.

      Finally, we're both sorry for this constant change of arrangements;
      we hope to reach optimality reasonably soon. I'm sure y'all
      understand :)

      Óskar