ON Dictionary

  • betshalom
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
      >...Can anyone help me, since english-Norse dictionaries seem
      > to be a bit scarce?

      Well, there's an ON to English Dicionary available, but your right,
      the other way around is hard to find. Nonetheless,
      www.Midhnottsol.org has the Zoëga dictionary available free online.

      http://www.midhnottsol.org/zoega/index002.html

      In fact, I know that they still need help from anyone who can type in
      íslenzku. Although íslenzka er ekki móðurmál mitt, I still edit for
      them. See their site for details on how to complete the online Zoëga
      project.

      Kveðja,
      Thomas

      Pardon the Mið nótt sol plug; it is ON related. Speaking of which,
      are mið nótt and miðnætti used in the same way? Or is one "in the
      middle of the night" and the other "midnight"?