greetings.

  • Kelvin Verhey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2002
      Hello,

      I recieved my first batch of list mailings and its
      a pleasant surprise to see activity. I have been
      slowly working through the exercies of learning norse
      for beginners which I grabbed from the yahoo group.
      After working through the exercises I was eager to see
      how my progress was unfolding. I found out quickly
      that the exercises I had did not match the answer
      pages so I to grab the ones from the web site.
      Exercise 2 is giving me some trouble. But it is still
      somewhat enjoyable. My english and linguistics have
      never been on par with what any instructor would
      consider average. However, I am eager and optomistic.

      As a brief introduction I am attempting to learn
      Old Norse to replace the english I have been burning
      onto walking sticks underlying the elder futhark to
      help supplement my income as I work on a book about
      spirituality. This has since got me sidetracked as I
      was working through my chapter on "working with runes"
      for divination / casting a lot. Suffice to say I will
      be rewriting the chapter upon completion of further
      studies as I have realized how ignornat my first and
      second attempts really were. My understanding of how
      the runes are used as far as binding is also rather
      crude and rudimentary and I will be seeking to further
      my understanding of their use as a proper written
      alphabet for lack of a better term also.

      I look forward to discussion and learning from all
      of you as I journey to what I would consider a not so
      distant past. Though my written english may appear
      swell, my comprehesion of terms such as those used in
      the basic course are creating a bit of a struggle. Be
      patient with me I am a little slow, but I attempt to
      be thorough. 'Til then, I must rest my weary bones
      and bid you all a good night and good day.

      Peace,

      Kelvin

      Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca