Re: [norse_course] Runes

  • Tyranese
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 18, 2001
      For those of you who have that book by Edred Thorsson,
      he also wrote another that goes into some good deatil
      on the history of Runes, and the different futharks.
      It's a really great book entitled "Runelore".

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Elaine Blakely
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 18, 2001
        Greetings from Cincinnati,

        Actually, there's a better book:  Rune Song by Edred Thorsson.  This book includes an audio tape of Edred speaking the rune names and performing some galdar.  The book and tape are available from Runa-Raven Press.  They have an on-line catalogue but I don't remember the address.  You should be able to do a search around Rune Gild or Runa-Raven Press to find it.

        Elaine Blakely
        -
      • Grnwlt@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 18, 2001
        • A. Cheak
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 19, 2001
            Dear Haukur, list,

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 19, 2001
              In a message dated 10/18/01 4:20:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, grey_eyes@... writes:
              Actually, there's a better book:  Rune Song by Edred Thorsson.  This book includes an audio tape of Edred speaking the rune names and performing some galdar

              I have it and while I like much of his "Runic Trilogy" I was mediocre in my response to 'Runesong'. I'm not an expert but it sounded like he was using mult dialects in the same poem...
              FriðR,
              PTD

            • Olaf The Balding
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 19, 2001
                Sorry people, can't get on with Edred's books. Too much comtrediction throughout them.
                Actually, there's a better book:  Rune Song by Edred Thorsson.  This book includes an audio tape of Edred speaking the rune names and performing some galdar

                I have it and while I like much of his "Runic Trilogy" I was mediocre in my response to 'Runesong'. I'm not an expert but it sounded like he was using mult dialects in the same poem...
                FriðR,
                PTD

                Sumir hafa kvæði...
                ...aðrir spakmæli.

                - Keth

              • James Stonehouse
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 19, 2001
                  Hi,

                  If you've ever tried to read Green Runa [Thorsson], you'll know just how convoluted and psychobabble filled he can be. Actually it sounds alot like alot of the bad stuff that passes for philosophy out there these days... - complete with sentences that stretch out to the cracks of doom without really making any kind of a point. [no seriously much longer than my sentences!]
                  cheers, James.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                    Hi everybody,
                    can someone help me to find those lessons about runes history posted by Konrad
                    Ólsson a few (unfortunately!) years ago please? The title of the lessons
                    was "Konrad's runes". I had a trouble with my PC and they got lost. Thanks!

                    Diego
                  • Engill Sig-Tyr rún
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                      Heill ok Sæll to everyone
                      I would like those lessons too. :D

                      Cheers and thanks in advance

                      Engill

                      On 4/15/05, diego ferioli <diego.ferioli@...> wrote:
                      Hi everybody,
                      can someone help me to find those lessons about runes history posted by Konrad
                      Ólsson a few (unfortunately!) years ago please? The title of the lessons
                      was "Konrad's runes". I had a trouble with my PC and they got lost. Thanks!

                      Diego

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      --
                      Engill