Is there anybody out there

  • sawilagaz@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2001
      Heil all

      Damn it got quite all of a sudden. Does anybody know if there is a
      good edition of Snorri's Edda available online?

      kveðja
      Rob
    • haukurth@hi.is
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2001
        >Damn it got quiet all of a sudden.

        We're still here. Or at least, I am.

        The University of Iceland server doesn't
        interpret my php-files today - I have little
        idea why but I hope the situation is temporary.
        The html-files can still be reached if you
        have exact url's.

        >Does anybody know if there is a
        >good edition of Snorri's Edda available online?

        There is a version with modern Icelandic
        spelling available from Netútgáfan.

        http://www.snerpa.is/net/snorri/gylf.htm

        And one with some form of standardised
        Old Norse spelling from Norse Heathenry
        Society, Inc.

        http://www.heathenry.org/lore/snorra_edda/index.html

        They also offer English translations.

        Með kveðju,
        Haukur
      • Grnwlt@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2001
          glad somebody finally posted.

          I signed up for this group and there hasnt been any postings

          My name is Paula. I live in Southern Michigan and just learning the
          Norse culture.

          Paula
        • mdehners@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2001
            In a message dated 10/11/01 11:01:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
            sawilagaz@... writes:
            > Damn it got quite all of a sudden. Does anybody know if there is a
            > good edition of Snorri's Edda available online?
            Well, a couple of months I had a small stroke and am just getting over the
            Flu so I've been pretty inactive<G>...
            http://www.midhnottsol.org/ has a number...
            FridhR,
            PTD
          • sokart@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2001
              Hi Paula, I just signed on ,eager to learn some-
              about old norse. I,m from So. Mn. and believe
              the language I heard spoken as a child was more related to it than what
              is spoken at the
              present time in Norway. I could be wrong about this but it would be
              interesting to find out
              if thats true. Sandy
            • Grnwlt@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 12, 2001
                Glad to meet you Sandy. I am just learning myself. Just found out that
                our family takes us back to Norse and Celtic. So I am trying to learn
                both. LOL

                Paula
              • Catherine Hagemann
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 12, 2001
                  I'm still here!.
                  Catherine

                  sawilagaz@... wrote:

                  > Heil all
                  >
                  > Damn it got quite all of a sudden. Does anybody know if there is a
                  > good edition of Snorri's Edda available online?
                  >
                  > kveðja
                  > Rob
                  >

                  > Sumir hafa kvæði...
                  > ...aðrir spakmæli.
                  >
                  > - Keth

                • Sheri Futlews
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 13, 2001
                    Hey all,

                    My name's Sheri and I'm doing an overseas Graduate
                    course in Old Norse. I have quite a bit of background
                    in Old English but not Old Norse though they're second
                    cousins really. I'm just starting soooooo wish me
                    luck! :))))))))

                    > Damn it got quite all of a sudden. Does anybody
                    know if there is a
                    > good edition of Snorri's Edda available online?
                    >
                    > kve�ja
                    > Rob
                    >

                    > Sumir hafa kv��i...
                    > ...a�rir spakm�li.