Re: [norse_course] Yggdrasil Illustration AM 738

  • keth@online.no
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2001

      Birgit wrote:
      >It is going to be 60 cm long (15"). I have already completed the outlines on
      >the grid. I am now working on the colors for each "box".
      >
      >It would be good to have it online. Does anyone have any ideas why Yggdrasil
      >was shown like a palmtree in 1680?

      I have seen a similar illustration - the paradisical
      tree as palm tree - in a book by Robert Fludd that
      was printed around 1620 or 1630. It could have been
      in his "Philosophia Moysaica" that was printed in 1638.
      I will see if I can find it.

      Best regards
      Keth
    • Selvarv Stigard
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25, 2001
        I uploaded this a while ago, and just forgot to post it to the list -
        Birgit, if this doesn't suit your needs that well, let me what needs to be
        changed.

        http://ragnarokr.com/images/Yggdrasil.png

        -Selv

        --
        Selvårv Stigård
        selvarv@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 26, 2001
          In a message dated 7/25/01 5:55:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          selvarv@... writes:

          I uploaded this a while ago, and just forgot to post it to the list -
          Birgit, if this doesn't suit your needs that well, let me what needs to be
          changed.

          http://ragnarokr.com/images/Yggdrasil.png

          -Selv

          Thank you so much, Selv, the writing is very clear, and the format is useful
          for me.  Thanks again for your help,
          Birgit