Verify translation?

  • Barry O'Brien
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      Hi,

      Can anyone please help me by verifying if my translation is correct? What I want to translate to Old Norse is the sentence "meet me in Valhalla". To the best of my research ability I have translated it to "mœta mik í valhöll". Any assistance is appreciated :)

      Thanks,
      Barry
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2013
        At 8:48:56 AM on Tuesday, January 29, 2013, Barry O'Brien
        wrote:

        > Can anyone please help me by verifying if my translation
        > is correct? What I want to translate to Old Norse is the
        > sentence "meet me in Valhalla". To the best of my research
        > ability I have translated it to "mœta mik í valhöll". Any
        > assistance is appreciated :)

        You need the imperative of the verb, either bare or with the
        suffixed pronoun <þú> (reduced to <-tu>), and it takes the
        dative:

        Mœt mér í valhöll.
        Mœttu mér í valhöll.

        I'd go with the second version, I think.