Voluspa Translation

  • Andrew Higgins
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 10, 2013
      Hello all

      I have been lurking on this site for a while mainly due to the fact that I am currently in he middle of doing a Phd on Tolkien's Early Mythology.

      I am thinking of taking a whack at (slowly) reading Voluspa in Old Norse.  I have been listening to a wonderful Modern Scholar series by Professor Michael Drout on The Norseman - Understanding Vikings and their Culture (highly recommend) and his talk on Eddiac
      Poetry got me interested in tackling this one.

      Anyone interested in starting a weekly thread of translation of the Voluspa?  Will start this weekend.

      Tykk fyr Andy

      Sent from the IPAD of Andrew Higgins

      Andrew Higgins Head of Development and Membership
      Glyndebourne (andrew.higgins@...)
      and now a word from our supporters......
      http://glyndebourne.com/supporting-glyndebourne

      asthiggins@...  asthiggins on Facebook/Twitter
      Mobile 07500 827793
      And at his blog Wotan's Musings http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/

      On 9 Jan 2013, at 06:08, "mr.wizzard_213@..." <mr.wizzard_213@...> wrote:

      Hi. I'm new with the whole group thing, as wells Old Norse. So I just wanted to say hello.

    • Sabin Densmore