RE: [norse_course] Double-check my translation?

  • Sabin Densmore
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2012

      Brian,

      Thanks very much. Can you explain why the separation of “Drukkum” and “full”? I understood “drukkum-full” as meaning “toast”.

      -          sd

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 27, 2012
        At 7:09:35 PM on Thursday, December 27, 2012, Sabin Densmore
        wrote:

        > Thanks very much. Can you explain why the separation of
        > “Drukkum” and “full”? I understood “drukkum-full” as
        > meaning “toast”.

        No, <drukkum> is 'drank', 1st person plural past indicative;
        <full> is 'toasts', neuter accusative plural, identical with
        the nominative singular and plural and the accusative
        singular.

        Brian
      • Paul Hansen
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2012