Re: [norse_course] Eyrbyggja Saga

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
      At 4:03:19 PM on Friday, December 21, 2012, Fred & Grace
      Hatton wrote:

      > Too funny! You mean you haven't enjoyed searching
      > fruitlessly for the obscure words or hopelessly wishing
      > some sort of syntax might appear. I'm all for jumping
      > ahead. So is my husband. He has been having to listen to
      > me cursing over breakfast.

      <g>

      I'm going to try to work through the rest of them, and I'll
      post whatever I get through. It's not easy even with Hugo
      Gering's edition, which has copious notes (in German) giving
      his interpretation, and Finnur Jónsson's almost as copious
      notes (in Danish, which I barely read with a dictionary) in
      _Den Norsk-Islandske Skjaldedigtning_, not to mention the
      Lexicon Poeticum, available at <septentrionalia.net>, and
      anything else that I can scrounge up.

      Brian
    • rob13567
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 23, 2012
        Indeed. Few words + no syntax = near zero success = no fun :)

        Rob

        Grace wrote:

        Too funny! You mean you haven't enjoyed searching fruitlessly for the
        obscure words or hopelessly wishing some sort of syntax might appear. I'm all for jumping ahead. So is my husband. He has been having to listen to me cursing over breakfast.
        Grace
      • Fred & Grace Hatton
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
          Something came up, so we'll be skipping the Eyrbyggja Saga this week, but
          will resume next week.
          Grace

          Fred & Grace Hatton
          Hawley, Pa.
        • Fred & Grace Hatton
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2013
            I'm sorry I can't participate this week with the Eyrbyggja Saga. Major
            family problems. Hope to continue next week.
            Grace

            Grace Hatton
            Hawley, PA