Eyrbyggja questions

  • Fred & Grace Hatton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2012
      Björn fór þar til er hann kom í ey þá er Mostur heitir og
      > liggur fyrir Sunnhörðalandi og þar tók við honum sá maður
      > er Hrólfur hét Örnólfssonur fiskreka.

      According to P&E, "A man there called Hrolf ........ gave him a friendly
      welcome...."

      They also have Bjorn staying in Jamtaland until Kjallak died.
      Grace

      Fred & Grace Hatton
      Hawley, Pa.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2012
        At 9:17:03 AM on Saturday, June 16, 2012, Fred & Grace
        Hatton wrote:

        >> Björn fór þar til er hann kom í ey þá er Mostur heitir og
        >> liggur fyrir Sunnhörðalandi og þar tók við honum sá maður
        >> er Hrólfur hét Örnólfssonur fiskreka.

        > According to P&E, "A man there called Hrolf ........ gave
        > him a friendly welcome...."

        Aargh! I copied that from an old draft; of course <sá
        maður> is the subject. The draft that I should have been
        using has 'received him well'.

        > They also have Bjorn staying in Jamtaland until Kjallak
        > died.

        They're right. My 'when' was an out and out typo; I don't
        know what my fingers were thinking.