Hundrinn át min heimavinna.

  • rob13567
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2010
      As I was later than usual posting this week's assignment, I thought I
      needed a good excuse. "The dog ate my homework" seemed reasonable, so I
      have made the attempt in the subject line to translate that sentence
      into Old Icelandic. If anyone sees any obvious errors, please let me
      know!

      And in case anyone is interested, the real reason was that my Internet
      connection was out Sunday through Wednesday. The dog, however, makes a
      better story....

      Rob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2010
        At 6:26:33 PM on Thursday, July 29, 2010, rob13567 wrote:

        > As I was later than usual posting this week's assignment,
        > I thought I needed a good excuse. "The dog ate my
        > homework" seemed reasonable, so I have made the attempt in
        > the subject line to translate that sentence into Old
        > Icelandic. If anyone sees any obvious errors, please let
        > me know!

        Possessive adjectives tend to follow the word that they
        modify, and you need the accusative of the thing eaten, so
        it's <Hundrinn át heimavinnu mína>.

        Brian
      • rob13567
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 2010