Re: New, and some questions

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2009
      Hi Maringa,

      http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/eieol/norol-TC-X.html

      This online textbook has a good set of paradigms. As you'll see, not all nouns of a particular gender are declined alike.

      --- In norse_course@yahoogroups.com, "maringa713" <maringa713@...> wrote:

      > I'm maringa713. I joined a little over a week ago. I looked through the files and downloaded the Lessons, both to learn a bit of the language and for a project I'm working on. (Like Tolkien, I like constructing languages and worlds, but I am a writer first.) None of the lessons I saw mentioned the feminine or neuter nouns, or how to conjugate them. Can anyone point me in the direction of some resources for these paradigms in Old Norse/Old Icelandic.
      >
      > Thank you.

    • maringa713
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2009
        @hrafn
        "So i suggest you just stick to the lessons, and start with understanding that,
        and later on you can move on :b
        to start with all genders is too much, and will confuse you.

        I got lots of material, just ask ^^"

        I know you're just making sure that I don't get overloaded, but I already have the basics of the lessons. I still need to memorize the vocabulary, but I don't get confused easily.

        @llama_nom
        "http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/eieol/norol-TC-X.html

        This online textbook has a good set of paradigms. As you'll see, not all nouns of a particular gender are declined alike."

        Thank you, I bookmarked this for later since it's late now. I'll try to make my next post at least partially in Old Norse.