Re: New, and some questions

  • Hrafn
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2009
      Well, feminine or neuter genders goes after the same rules as masculine gender, the way to use them is the same ;b

      The reason why there only is masculin nouns is just to start some where. Strong masculin nouns is the best to start with becuase the grammaticals endings vary much from eachother :b

      feminine or neuter nouns grammatical endings is many times the same in serveral cases. so to learn the cases, nominativ, dativ, accusativ and genetiv. Strong Masculin is the best to learn from =)

      So i suggest you just stick to the lessons, and start with understanding that, and later on you can move on :b
      to start with all genders is too much, and will confuse you.

      I got lots of material, just ask ^^

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2009
        Hi Maringa,

        http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/eieol/norol-TC-X.html

        This online textbook has a good set of paradigms. As you'll see, not all nouns of a particular gender are declined alike.

        --- In norse_course@yahoogroups.com, "maringa713" <maringa713@...> wrote:

        > I'm maringa713. I joined a little over a week ago. I looked through the files and downloaded the Lessons, both to learn a bit of the language and for a project I'm working on. (Like Tolkien, I like constructing languages and worlds, but I am a writer first.) None of the lessons I saw mentioned the feminine or neuter nouns, or how to conjugate them. Can anyone point me in the direction of some resources for these paradigms in Old Norse/Old Icelandic.
        >
        > Thank you.

      • maringa713
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2009
          @hrafn
          "So i suggest you just stick to the lessons, and start with understanding that,
          and later on you can move on :b
          to start with all genders is too much, and will confuse you.

          I got lots of material, just ask ^^"

          I know you're just making sure that I don't get overloaded, but I already have the basics of the lessons. I still need to memorize the vocabulary, but I don't get confused easily.

          @llama_nom
          "http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/eieol/norol-TC-X.html

          This online textbook has a good set of paradigms. As you'll see, not all nouns of a particular gender are declined alike."

          Thank you, I bookmarked this for later since it's late now. I'll try to make my next post at least partially in Old Norse.