[norse_course] eytt?

  • AThompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2009
      [norse_course] eytt?

      Grace

      Gerðist nú rómur mikill að því að eytt (pp of eyða) væri vígsmálinu og nú væri vörn framar en sókn.
      A great applause now occurred because anulled was the suit-for-manslaugh
      ter and now was (the) defence further-ahead than (the) prosecution.

      Eytt is the neut sg form of the past participle of the verb, eyða. Zoega, under eyða (-dda, -ddr), gives the masc sg form of the past participle, -ddr.

      Also, I´m not sure why the special characters from my last post would be missing in your digest, other than blaming it on the fickleness of Yahoo. I did nothing different to what I usually do and it came out OK on the Norse Course page and in the individual email it posted to me.

      Cheers

      Alan