Njall 140 end

  • Fred and Grace Hatton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      Thanks Alan and Brian!

      Alan wrote:
      Skal eg nú því skemur (skemmr?) draga fyrir yður er þá var eg torsóttari.
      I shall therefore now (ie this time) delay (procrastinate, draga, Z6?) for
      a shorter(-time) (ie hardly at all) before you when
      (whereas) then (ie last time) I was hard-to-win-over. And
      I think he's saying: 'I will procrastinate this time hardly at all in
      your presence compared to last time when I was hard to win over'

      Brian wrote:

      CV s.v. <draga> has some examples of <draga fyrir> in the
      transitive sense of 'delay'. I make it something like this:

      I shall now delay/hinder you all the shorter (time) as I
      was then more difficult to overcome/win over.

      Loosely, 'As difficult as I was then, I will be all the more
      helpful now'.

      Fred and Grace Hatton
      Hawley Pa