8078Náttförull

  • Eysteinn Bjornsson
    Apr 6, 2007
      >> How about, as another alternative, 'ek hefi skemtan af náttförum'?

      Sounds good, - the only problem being the ambiguity. 'Náttförum'
      can also be dat pl of "náttfari" (nightwalker), so the sentence
      could mean "I am amused by nightwalkers".

      >> I wonder if *náttgöngull would be understood in the same way

      Hmmm - I can't think of an objection, but somehow it doesn't sound
      as good as "náttförull". Possibly it brings to mind "svefngengill",
      and veers towards "sleep-walking" in the reader's mind? Not sure.

      Cheers,
      E.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic