6813Re: Njal's Saga Part two of Chapter 12 / Alan's Translation

    Aug 2, 2006
      > þar...er Hallgerður er

      Yes, literally "there where H. is" (that's where we're to take up the
      story now).

      > og fóru í liðsbón

      MM & HP "and went out to ask others for their support"

      I think I covered the other bits you've underlined in my comments for
      Patricia, but let me know if there's anything I missed, or made a mess
      of explaining!

      On a side note, after typing that long message just now and clicking
      SEND, Yahoo took me to the sign-in password screen instead of the
      "your message has been sent" screen. Luckily, or rather thanks to
      bitter experience, I'd taken the precaution of using the "select all"
      keys (in Windows, control + a) then copying the text (control + c)
      before I tried to send. So I was able to start a new massage and just
      paste the text into it (control + v), instead of tearing out my hair.
      Phew! A useful habit to get into...
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic