6273Re: fell

  • Blanc Voden
    May 1, 2006
      I wonder how well the meanings match of the Icelandic and English
      cognates heiðr : heath. Where I live, in the east of England, a
      heath
      is upland, a plateau, not as good farmland as the lowland, and
      traditionally used for pasture rather than agriculture, but often
      cultivated nowadays thanks to improved technology.

      Hi IIlama,

      Here a heath is upland, a plateau, not as good farmland as the
      lowland, and traditionally used for pasture rather than agriculture.

      Sometime when we were overpopulated People lived in "HeiðarBýli".
      "Býli" kind af habitations.
      Heið'i/'ar but
      Heið'r/urs [He Rún'ar'inn was named ur, but She rún'in úr]is honor.
      The vegetation of the heath is apt to our climate: inferior to yours.

      They are Vell'ir. From Völl'um. One is Völl'ur he is from Vell'i.
      the root is realy Vell. Svell is what? Flat ice surface.
      Plateau (See Flat á) is high flat surface.

      Vellir are not necessarily at high point.
      As water "vellir" (flows
      þú hellir (pour

      the out come has most often flat surface.

      Wall is also flat.
      "GrasVellir" are necessarily grassy flat surfaces.

      "Vald" is "ald" under V(end) that you name Power.
      "Vald" is related to "Val" that is choice [see al of V].
      If you have choice you can vote that is kind of power.

      The wood/forest of Germany gave the power against the Romans
      I rekon my ancient relatives there considered Forest matches "Vald"
      Germans spell it "Wald". The true meaning of Val or Vald was not
      censured here in Iceland as elsewhere before I reckon: so it
      survived?

      Thanks Uoden
      Think root of Furze in German (see bowels or tripa in Portuguese)
      90 percent of The Icelandic female DNA Map is more from Britain
      than Norway. 70% of the Males, but we were "under" Norwegian Lords
      from ca 1232 to ca 1550 nearly 300 years. That makes enumeration.
      I Reckon. Is German ambiguous? Icelandic is at least to aliens.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic