Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

6267Re: fell

Expand Messages
  • Blanc Voden
    May 1, 2006

      --- In norse_course@yahoogroups.com, "Fred and Grace Hatton"
      <hatton@...> wrote:
      > Fell is moorland, see "mýrlendi" "fjall or fjöll" we name
      > But Icelandic "Fell [FeDL]" are Rocky Hills or smaller than
      > mountains: "fjöll".
      > Hi Blanc,
      > I finally got a chance to look up fell in English. Gordon had
      > fjall to English as fell. In my big English dictionary it says a
      fell is a
      > moorland or barren or rocky hillside.
      > In American English, one rarely encounters the word moorland, but
      in the
      > English of Great Britain, there seem to be very many words for
      > sorts of moorlands.
      > Grace
      > Fred and Grace Hatton
      > Hawley Pa
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic