      From: llama_nom
      Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 7:16 PM
      Subject: [norse_course] Re: New person saying hello

      --- In norse_course@yahoogroups.com, "Patricia"
      <originalpatricia@y...> wrote:

      > Anthony Faulkes' "A New Introduction to Old Norse" [
      > http://www.shef.ac.uk/viking-society/ ], comes in three volumes:
      > grammar, reader and glossary.  Some other websites for beginners
      > Excuse me LN, this is not strictly correct, Michael Barnes is
      responsible for Compiling the Grammar, Anthony Faulkes worked on the
      Reader and the Index, I have twice recommended the books under these
      names, trust me, I have the said books in front of me.
      > Patricia

      Yes, you're right, Patricia, of course.  I recently got a flyer from
      the Viking Society advertising the 3rd editions of the reader and
      glossary (Maybe you did too?).  I think that's what led me astray.
      Well, that's my excuse anyway.  Sulks: why can't everyone just have
      the same name.  Save ourselves a lot of confusion...

      Llama Nom

    • Show all 127 messages in this topic