3431Re: [norse_course] sequentia

    Aug 5, 2003
      Hi Dan(s)!

      > Do you know of any recordings of traditional folk ballads or the like,
      > that would give us a better idea of how it should sound?

      I'm trying to tell you I don't know how it should sound! :)
      But I can recommend the CD Voices (Raddir) for traditional
      Icelandic music. Be aware that the typical Icelander is
      probably not aware what constitutes to the older Icelandic
      musical traditions. Poetry by the romantic poets sung to
      tunes by 19th century German composers may be his idea of
      a folk song ;)

      The Faroese musical tradition is somewhat more alive and even
      a random group of natives can probably perform something for you.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic