10585RE: Re[2]: [norse_course] Old Norse grammar

  • Scott
    Sep 7, 2009

      Thanks!  You have affirmed my hypothesis—it was only a guess until your

      reply.  As far as “comprehension in the other direction”, I doubt that very

      many persons speak Old Norse—I know from experience that few speak

      Koine Greek—and their speech is often incorrect: one instructor persisted

      in confusing luo and louo because the [y] sound was not in his aural corpus

      nor in that of any professor in the Greek Department—the largest Koine

      Greek in the world.

      Missed you at KWHSS this weekend.

      Scott