10563Old Norse grammar

  • Fred and Grace Hatton
    Sep 2, 2009
      Hi Ed,

      I started the way you are going about it. I went through Haukur's online
      course and then got the dictionary (it is online in an expanded
      version -http://www.northvegr.org/vigfusson/index002.php ) and I have
      Gordon's book, plus the Magnusson and Palson Njall translation and just dove
      in.

      At first it took a couple of hours to look up all the words in the segments
      we translated, but now about three years later, it usually only takes twenty
      minutes or so. The hardest thing for me to learn was the vowel shifts and I
      still don't have a firm grasp of them - - much less declensions.

      Grace

      Fred and Grace Hatton
      Hawley Pa
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic