Re: 75 cent butterfly error

  • chriscliff_2000
    Message 1 of 53 , Jan 5, 2000
      Copies of the 75c butterfly issued on the 28th
      March 1997 have been recorded without the name or value
      which should have been printed in gold foil just below
      the butterfly. According to the Norfolk Island Post
      Office the stamp design was printed first and then the
      sheets were fed into the press again so the words
      'Norfolk Island and the value 75c' could be printed in
      gold. It appears that some sheets got stuck together
      and stamps on the second sheet have an impression of
      the unprinted lettering - but no gold colour which is
      totally missing. At least two sheets were broken up and
      sold through the Post Office and Philatelic
      Bureau.<br><br>I was fortunate enough to be sent one direct from
      the Philatelic Bureau; as my surname begins with C it
      is likely that this variety was mailed to those with
      names at the beginning of the alphabet.<br><br>It is
      likely that most of these varieties lie unrecognised.
    • vincent1abrm
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 15, 2001
        DEAR FRIEND,<br><br>I AM VINCENT FROM INDIA. I
        HAVE GOT PLENTY OF INDIAN/ASIAN /WW USED STAMPS FOR
        EXCHANGE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED WE CAN EXCHANGE STAMPS AT
        1:1 IN PACKS OF 50/100. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED WE WILL
        DEAL IN COMOMMORATIVE OR DEFINITIVE (USUAL, SMALL)
        STAMPS OR BOTH.<br><br>IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I CAN SEND
        YOU A BOOK BY MR. GANDHI �MY EXPERIMENTS WITH TRUTH�
        (520 PAGED CLASSIC) AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MR. M.K. GANDHI,
        AGAINST 100NON-INDIAN STAMPS.<br><br>I HAVE GOT A LOT OF
        INDIAN FIRST DAY COVERS FROM 1960 TO 1980 FOR EXCHANGE
        WITH NON � INDIAN USED STAMPS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
        WE CAN TRADE FDCs FOR STAMPS AT 1:10 BASIS. THAT IS
        AGAINST 10 NON-INDIAN STAMPS I CAN GIVE YOU ONE INDIAN
        FIRST DAY COVER. AGAIN FOR OPTIMISING POSTAL EXPENCES
        WE WILL DEAL IN THE PACKS OF 4/8 FDCs, THAT IS 40/80
        STAMPS. IF INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME
        REGARDS,<br><br>VINCENT.