[Norfolk Island Stamps] Re: Norfolk Collectors

  • rjbarlow29
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007
      Hi, I just joined the group yesterday. I'm quite new to Norfolk
      Island stamps, started purchasing them a few months ago.
      Can anyone tell what's up with all these unused pre-stamped Norfolk
      envelopes (they look as though they should be FDCs except they've
      never been postmarked)? Currently someone in Australia has
      thousands up in a single eBay lot, and I see them frequently in
      bundles of five or more at a time. I would just like to know the
      background to these.

      Apart from that mystery, I love Norfolk Island stamps.

      Best regards,
      Randall

      P.S. there's an awful lot of spam around.

      --- In norfolkislandstamps@yahoogroups.com, Don Balya
      <bigdon001@...> wrote:

      > Don't know.
      >
      > gerryyork <gerard_york@...> wrote: Hi Don!
      > That's two of us! It's a start
      > Where's the moderator?
      >
      > --- In norfolkislandstamps@yahoogroups.com, "Don Balya"
      > <bigdon001@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In norfolkislandstamps@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork"
      > > <gerard_york@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello! I just joined this list and wanted to introduce myself.
      > am a
      > > > 49 year old lawyer in Tallahassee, Florida. I started
      collecting
      > > > Norfolk Island stamps in 1970. I will never forget my
      excitement
      > (at
      > > > age 12) getting that first package from the Postmaster. I
      still
      > need
      > > > about 70 sets to complete my collection, so I have my work cut
      > out
      > > for
      > > > me. If you have mint never hinged extras, please get in
      > > > touch. Visiting Norfolk Island is on my lifetime must do list
      > and
      > > > should happen in the next few years! Glad to be here!
      > > >
      > > Hi, Gerry, I was surprised to receive your e-mail. I signed up
      > with
      > > the site some time back and have never heard from anyone, nor
      have
      > > ever been able to view the Norfolk Post Office site. I do not
      > have my
      > > own computer and use the ones at the library. Anyway, welcome to
      > the
      > > group. You're the first person I have ever heard from since
      > joining.
      > > I have tried to contact people but never received a reply. I am
      > in
      > > Bridgeville, Penna., a suburb of Pittsburgh. Don Balya

    • khalid yousaf
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
        Hi Gerry,

        My name is Khalid from Pakistan, was going through my mails and saw a decent message from this group, this is true that this group is not used very frequently used by collectors, only junk mail is seen.

        I collect ww used stamps, and have lots of duplicates for exchange, if u or anyone else is interested.

        Khalid

        > Hello! I just joined this list and wanted to introduce myself. I am a

        > 49 year old lawyer in Tallahassee, Florida. I started collecting

        > Norfolk Island stamps in 1970. I will never forget my excitement (at

        > age 12) getting that first package from the Postmaster. I still need

        > about 70 sets to complete my collection, so I have my work cut out

        for

        > me. If you have mint never hinged extras, please get in

        > touch. Visiting Norfolk Island is on my lifetime must do list and

        > should happen in the next few years! Glad to be here!

        Hi, Gerry, I was surprised to receive your e-mail. I signed up with

        the site some time back and have never heard from anyone, nor have I