Re: [Norfolk Island Stamps] Re: Norfolk Collectors

  • Don Balya
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Don't know.

      gerryyork <gerard_york@...> wrote: Hi Don!
      That's two of us! It's a start
      Where's the moderator?

      --- In norfolkislandstamps@yahoogroups.com, "Don Balya"
      <bigdon001@...> wrote:

      > --- In norfolkislandstamps@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork"
      > <gerard_york@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello! I just joined this list and wanted to introduce myself. I
      am a
      > > 49 year old lawyer in Tallahassee, Florida. I started collecting
      > > Norfolk Island stamps in 1970. I will never forget my excitement
      (at
      > > age 12) getting that first package from the Postmaster. I still
      need
      > > about 70 sets to complete my collection, so I have my work cut
      out
      > for
      > > me. If you have mint never hinged extras, please get in
      > > touch. Visiting Norfolk Island is on my lifetime must do list
      and
      > > should happen in the next few years! Glad to be here!
      > >
      > Hi, Gerry, I was surprised to receive your e-mail. I signed up
      with
      > the site some time back and have never heard from anyone, nor have
      > ever been able to view the Norfolk Post Office site. I do not
      have my
      > own computer and use the ones at the library. Anyway, welcome to
      the
      > group. You're the first person I have ever heard from since
      joining.
      > I have tried to contact people but never received a reply. I am
      in
      > Bridgeville, Penna., a suburb of Pittsburgh. Don Balya

    • rjbarlow29
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007
        Hi, I just joined the group yesterday. I'm quite new to Norfolk
        Island stamps, started purchasing them a few months ago.
        Can anyone tell what's up with all these unused pre-stamped Norfolk
        envelopes (they look as though they should be FDCs except they've
        never been postmarked)? Currently someone in Australia has
        thousands up in a single eBay lot, and I see them frequently in
        bundles of five or more at a time. I would just like to know the
        background to these.

        Apart from that mystery, I love Norfolk Island stamps.

        Best regards,
        Randall

        P.S. there's an awful lot of spam around.

        <bigdon001@...> wrote:

        > Don't know.
        >
        > gerryyork <gerard_york@...> wrote: Hi Don!
        > That's two of us! It's a start
        > Where's the moderator?
        >
        > --- In norfolkislandstamps@yahoogroups.com, "Don Balya"
        > <bigdon001@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In norfolkislandstamps@yahoogroups.com, "gerryyork"
        > > <gerard_york@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello! I just joined this list and wanted to introduce myself.
        > am a
        > > > 49 year old lawyer in Tallahassee, Florida. I started
        collecting
        > > > Norfolk Island stamps in 1970. I will never forget my
        excitement
        > (at
        > > > age 12) getting that first package from the Postmaster. I
        still
        > need
        > > > about 70 sets to complete my collection, so I have my work cut
        > out
        > > for
        > > > me. If you have mint never hinged extras, please get in
        > > > touch. Visiting Norfolk Island is on my lifetime must do list
        > and
        > > > should happen in the next few years! Glad to be here!
        > > >
        > > Hi, Gerry, I was surprised to receive your e-mail. I signed up
        > with
        > > the site some time back and have never heard from anyone, nor
        have
        > > ever been able to view the Norfolk Post Office site. I do not
        > have my
        > > own computer and use the ones at the library. Anyway, welcome to
        > the
        > > group. You're the first person I have ever heard from since
        > joining.
        > > I have tried to contact people but never received a reply. I am
        > in
        > > Bridgeville, Penna., a suburb of Pittsburgh. Don Balya

      • khalid yousaf
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
          Hi Gerry,

          My name is Khalid from Pakistan, was going through my mails and saw a decent message from this group, this is true that this group is not used very frequently used by collectors, only junk mail is seen.

          I collect ww used stamps, and have lots of duplicates for exchange, if u or anyone else is interested.

          Khalid

          > Hello! I just joined this list and wanted to introduce myself. I am a

          > 49 year old lawyer in Tallahassee, Florida. I started collecting

          > Norfolk Island stamps in 1970. I will never forget my excitement (at

          > age 12) getting that first package from the Postmaster. I still need

          > about 70 sets to complete my collection, so I have my work cut out

          for

          > me. If you have mint never hinged extras, please get in

          > touch. Visiting Norfolk Island is on my lifetime must do list and

          > should happen in the next few years! Glad to be here!

          Hi, Gerry, I was surprised to receive your e-mail. I signed up with

          the site some time back and have never heard from anyone, nor have I