Hi, I am new here

  • soapmaster2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2010
      My name is Anna, and I live in the prairies of Canada. I love nordic style knitting...was browsing the photos and saw the following: Sirkka design-Karin's new wrap ...just beautiful! Where can a pattern like this be found???

      Anna
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2010
        Hi, Welcome to the group !
        I'm sorry but the wraps are machine knit. I just added that under
        comments for each picture. I should have done that before. I would love
        to have patterns for these wonderful pieces. They come in a narrow scarf
        too. She does not have a website. I did all my correspondence with one
        of her daughters. You can suggest to Sirkka what colorways you'd like to
        have these wraps in. There is a book about her which I purchased thru
        her shop. First I did an interlibrary loan, the only copy available came
        from the Library of Congress !!
        This company carries kits of her designs. The Yarn Harlot did one of her
        mitten kits. Unfortunately only a few of the kits are in English.
        Pirkanmaan Kotityƶ Oy
        <http://www.taitopirkanmaa.fi/epages/pirkanmaa.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Sho\
        ps/pirkanmaa/Categories/Tekemispaketit/%22neule%3A%20paidat%2C%20sukat%2\
        C%20lapaset%22>
        I LOVE her colorwork !!!!!! I'm trying to talk the Nordic Heritage
        Museum into having an exhibit of her work someday.

        If you go under links - International Nordic Knitting sites - I have set
        up links under each country for companies that I have found. Probably
        needs to be updated !

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "soapmaster2002" <garden@...>