TOTALLY OT

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 10:57 AM
      I watched this 1999 Ken Burns
      <http://www.icue.com/portal/site/iCue/flatview/?cuecard=504>
      documentary on Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton the past two
      nights and was greatly humbled by what these women had done for women's
      rights, the personal sacrifices they made towards the cause. If you
      have a chance watch it. I watched it on Netflix - Watch Instantly

      One of Elizabeth Cady Stanton's last speeches touched me deeply The
      Solitude of Self <http://www.wfu.edu/~zulick/340/solitude.html>

      (This does mention spinning wheel, knitting needle, and loom !)

    • firelilyswoods
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 2:39 PM
        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "farmerkarin59" <loweosborn@...> wrote:
        > One of Elizabeth Cady Stanton's last speeches touched me deeply The
        > Solitude of Self <http://www.wfu.edu/~zulick/340/solitude.html>
        >
        > (This does mention spinning wheel, knitting needle, and loom !)

        4:00 am and I wake up as some do at 60......read 'The Solitude of Self' before returning to sleep
        Such a wonderous gift you have passed on to this knitterly lady...I feel as if, in your own individual solidarity and solitude, has reached out to space and touched my soul.
        Firelily