Ethnic Knits KAL from Donna Druchunas

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2010
      1a. Twit-a-long/Knit-a-long
      JZAMxMjE0BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyNjg4MTk4NDE-> Posted by:
      "writerdd05" druchunas@...
      t= Re%3ATwit-a-long%2FKnit-a-long> writerdd05
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/writerdd05> Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm (PDT)

      Ok, now that the knitting olympics are done and I'm somewhat caught up
      on some things (but now behind on other things), I'm restarting the
      Twitter Knitalong to make Lithuanian wristwarmers.

      You do NOT need to have a Twitter account to follow the Knitalong. The
      link is below.

      So far, I've just posted the materials and the gauge info, which I'm
      including here for those who are just catching up. I'll start posting
      one bit of instructions a day until we're finished.

      Materials:1 ball of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport Weight in 2 colors.
      DPNs size 0&1, to get 9sts/in in 2-color St st w/lrg ndls. #DDTwitKAL

      That's twitter shorthand for: You need 1 ball of the yarn in each of 2
      colors, double pointed needles in US sizes 0 and 1 (or to get a gauge of
      9 stitches per inch on the larger needles in 2 color Stockinette sitch).
      To follow the Twitter Knitalong, just go here: http://twitter.
      com/search? q=%23DDTwitKAL <http://twitter.com/search?q=%23DDTwitKAL>

      I used all those abbreviations because you only get to have 140
      characters in each Twitter post so it's an adventure in shortcuts.

      There's a picture here: http://sheeptoshawl .com/blog/ media/1/20100108
      -10%20lacy% 20and%20colorwor k%20wristers% 20small.jpg