Re:Our Baltic Cousins

  • patknitter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi Karin,
      My good friend Joan Schrouder directed me to a site that has pictures of gorgeous Latvian mittens.
      The home page is in Latvian (which I'm sure most of us don't read) but this is the page with the mittens.
      http://www.liis.lv/majtur/darbmac/raksti.htm
      Years worth of inspiration!
      Pat Brunner
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        Wow ! Thanks ! I added the link to the Baltic folder and have been
        trying to add pictures as I find them.

        Karin

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, patknitter@... wrote:

        > Hi Karin,
        > My good friend Joan Schrouder directed me to a site that has
        pictures of
        > gorgeous Latvian mittens.
        > The home page is in Latvian (which I'm sure most of us don't read)
        but this
        > is the page with the mittens.
        > http://www.liis.lv/majtur/darbmac/raksti.htm
        > Years worth of inspiration!
        > Pat Brunner

      • Marianne Kuokkanen
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
          There's also a Swedish knitalong on Latvian Mittens, that is now widened to all sorts of traditional mittens:
          http://latvianmittens.blogspot.com

          Marianne
          http://ekebodesign.eu/blog

          Hi Karin,
          My good friend Joan Schrouder directed me to a site that has pictures of gorgeous Latvian mittens.
          The home page is in Latvian (which I'm sure most of us don't read) but this is the page with the mittens.
          http://www.liis.lv/majtur/darbmac/raksti.htm
          Years worth of inspiration!
          Pat Brunner

          ,___
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
            Thank you ! I added the link to the Baltic folder !

            http://www.latvianmittens.blogspot.com/

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Marianne Kuokkanen