Our Baltic Cousins

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      Baltic knitting is beautiful and a source of inspiration. I want to
      start a links page relating to this wonderful tradition.
      Wooly West, Nancy Bush and her books are great resources but if anyone
      has any other suggestions for links please let me know.

      Thanks !

      Karin
      moderator
    • patknitter@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Karin,
        My good friend Joan Schrouder directed me to a site that has pictures of gorgeous Latvian mittens.
        The home page is in Latvian (which I'm sure most of us don't read) but this is the page with the mittens.
        http://www.liis.lv/majtur/darbmac/raksti.htm
        Years worth of inspiration!
        Pat Brunner
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
          Wow ! Thanks ! I added the link to the Baltic folder and have been
          trying to add pictures as I find them.

          Karin

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, patknitter@... wrote:

          > Hi Karin,
          > My good friend Joan Schrouder directed me to a site that has
          pictures of
          > gorgeous Latvian mittens.
          > The home page is in Latvian (which I'm sure most of us don't read)
          but this
          > is the page with the mittens.
          > http://www.liis.lv/majtur/darbmac/raksti.htm
          > Years worth of inspiration!
          > Pat Brunner

        • Marianne Kuokkanen
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
            There's also a Swedish knitalong on Latvian Mittens, that is now widened to all sorts of traditional mittens:
            http://latvianmittens.blogspot.com

            Marianne
            http://ekebodesign.eu/blog

            Hi Karin,
            My good friend Joan Schrouder directed me to a site that has pictures of gorgeous Latvian mittens.
            The home page is in Latvian (which I'm sure most of us don't read) but this is the page with the mittens.
            http://www.liis.lv/majtur/darbmac/raksti.htm
            Years worth of inspiration!
            Pat Brunner

            ,___
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
              Thank you ! I added the link to the Baltic folder !

              http://www.latvianmittens.blogspot.com/

              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Marianne Kuokkanen