Re: [nordicknitters] exchanging patterns

  • anita_ev@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
      I have been knitting almost all my life but most of my material are in Norwegian. I am neeting everything
      I hope i can come to the next meeting
      Anita Einarsen-Vinberg
      From: "loweosborn" <loweosborn@...>
      > I was asked by a fellow Nordic Knitter to point out that making copies
      > of printed materials and handing them out,no matter how well
      > intentioned, is a copyright violation and Yahoo could shut us down.
      > Sorry.
      >
      > Karin
      > Moderator

    • solveigpeck
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Mason
        <barbaramason45@...> wrote:

        > This is correct, as an artist and designer you automatically own the
        copyright...you can apply for one very cheaply every year on what you
        have done, so the cost should not stop you, you can do it yourself for
        a design copyright.
        > barbara

        Thanks, Bararbara and Marianne -
        Looks like I was given some misinformation - maybe from a lawyer :-)
        Solveig
      • Kathleen Gumbleton
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
          Thats my understanding too Marianne.  I've been told that simply writing "copyright" on your material is sufficient.  I guess I have to rescind my offer of providing copies of the Christmas elves.  I'm so sorry.  I wouldn't want to do anything that might cause yahoo to shut down the group.  I hadn't thought about copyright problems, thanks for pointing that out Karin.  I think anyone can order a copy of a back issue from Marie Claire for the pattern.

          Kathy
          US