Marianne Isager yarn

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
      I saw that Marianne Isager has her own line of yarn on
      www.pinnsvindesign.no

      Has anyone tried it ? Is it available in the States ?

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2006
        This is from Pinnsvin about Marianne Isager yarn.

        Hello and thank you for your interest in our products.

        Marianne Isager is a famous Danish designer, and one of her books was
        recently translated into English. KNITTING OUT OF AFRICA should be
        available in the States now.
        Her most known yarn is TVINNI - a fine merinowool - 510m pr 100g,
        that is knitted on needlesize 3,0mm. This gives soft, thin garments.

        Besides she has yarn that is blended with TVINNI (for instant TVINNI
        ALPACA 50 % of each - TVINNI TUSSAH - 65 %TVINNI and 35% silk).
        She has also pure cotton and pure linen. All of this yarn can be
        mixed, and you can use either of them for her patterns, as they are
        of the same thickness. She also often use 2 (and 3) threads knitted
        together for thicker garments.

        For shipping rates - have a look at this page:
        http://www.pinnsvindesign.no/Shipping%20rates.htm
        (1 USD is about 6,50 NOK these days)

        There is no other tax (unless you have to pay that in the USA when
        receiving the packages.)

        Med vennlig hilsen
        Pinnsvin Design
        www.pinnsvindesign.no