All things Latvian

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2009
      The Latvian mitten workshops were fantastic ! Sandy and Mary are so
      knowledgable and nice. There were four Latvian women in the class so we
      were able to hear more about the symbolism and traditions from them too.
      Plus, we were fed Latvian goodies and some of the women brought in more
      mittens, socks, and books to look at. This was such a fun workshop. I
      love this kind of stuff !
      Their presentation at the Seattle Knitters Guild was wonderful too. Many
      thanks to them for their support to the museum !

      If you weren't able to attend and would like to order some of their
      booklets you can contact Mary at mgermain on Ravelry or thru Sandy's
      website

      http://www.weecroftfinnsheep.com/Yarn_and_Patterns.htm
      <http://www.weecroftfinnsheep.com/Yarn_and_Patterns.htm>

      FYI
      The Latvian Christmas Bazaar will be held Nov.7th 10m-4pm and Sunday the
      8th from Noon to 4PM
      11710-3rd Avenue NE, Seattle
      You will find
      Ethnic Latvian foods, knitted items, jewelry, ceramics, decorative
      pillows, and much more

      This website was recommended by our Latvian classmates.

      http://www.balticshop.com/ <http://www.balticshop.com/>