Re:Another Scandinavian Spinning Workshop?

  • Wendy Sundquist
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2009
      Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:

      I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
      John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
      spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
      ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.

      Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
      John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
      coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
      been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
      the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
      of years.

      We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
      of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
      my list of potential students.

      Wendy Sundquist
      info@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
        Sound quite interesting !

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Sundquist <wendy@...> wrote:

        > Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:
        >
        > I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
        > John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
        > spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
        > ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.
        >
        > Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
        > John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
        > coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
        > been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
        > the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
        > of years.
        >
        > We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
        > of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
        > my list of potential students.
        >
        > Wendy Sundquist
        > info@...

      • Franna Pitt
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
          You can put me on the "interested" list!
          Thanks,
          Franna
        • gklawer@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
            Hi everyone! I'm interested in this class. Please write me down. Thank you, Gudy

            Gudy Klawer%0D%0AThe Knitting Coach%0D%0A505-401-9978%0D%0Agklawer%40comcast.net