Re: Another Scandinavian Spinning Workshop?

  • Mary Tess
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
      Thank you for letting me know, Karin. Molly

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

      > We are hoping to have another one in the Spring of 2010 but it's up in the air right now. Keep your fingers crossed ! Karin
    • Wendy Sundquist
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2009
        Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:

        I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
        John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
        spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
        ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.

        Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
        John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
        coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
        been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
        the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
        of years.

        We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
        of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
        my list of potential students.

        Wendy Sundquist
        info@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
          Sound quite interesting !

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Sundquist <wendy@...> wrote:

          > Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:
          >
          > I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
          > John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
          > spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
          > ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.
          >
          > Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
          > John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
          > coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
          > been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
          > the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
          > of years.
          >
          > We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
          > of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
          > my list of potential students.
          >
          > Wendy Sundquist
          > info@...

        • Franna Pitt
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
            You can put me on the "interested" list!
            Thanks,
            Franna
          • gklawer@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
              Hi everyone! I'm interested in this class. Please write me down. Thank you, Gudy

              Gudy Klawer%0D%0AThe Knitting Coach%0D%0A505-401-9978%0D%0Agklawer%40comcast.net