Re: Another Scandinavian Spinning Workshop?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
      We are hoping to have another one in the Spring of 2010 but it's up in the air right now. Keep your fingers crossed ! Karin

      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Tess" <knittess@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know if there will be another Scandinavian Spinning Workshop some time in 2009 or 2010?

    • Mary Tess
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
        Thank you for letting me know, Karin. Molly

        --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

        > We are hoping to have another one in the Spring of 2010 but it's up in the air right now. Keep your fingers crossed ! Karin
      • Wendy Sundquist
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2009
          Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:

          I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
          John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
          spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
          ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.

          Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
          John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
          coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
          been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
          the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
          of years.

          We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
          of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
          my list of potential students.

          Wendy Sundquist
          info@...
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
            Sound quite interesting !

            --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Sundquist <wendy@...> wrote:

            > Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:
            >
            > I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
            > John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
            > spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
            > ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.
            >
            > Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
            > John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
            > coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
            > been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
            > the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
            > of years.
            >
            > We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
            > of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
            > my list of potential students.
            >
            > Wendy Sundquist
            > info@...

          • Franna Pitt
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
              You can put me on the "interested" list!
              Thanks,
              Franna
            • gklawer@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
                Hi everyone! I'm interested in this class. Please write me down. Thank you, Gudy

                Gudy Klawer%0D%0AThe Knitting Coach%0D%0A505-401-9978%0D%0Agklawer%40comcast.net