Another Scandinavian Spinning Workshop?

  • Mary Tess
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2009
      Does anyone know if there will be another Scandinavian Spinning Workshop some time in 2009 or 2010?
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
        We are hoping to have another one in the Spring of 2010 but it's up in the air right now. Keep your fingers crossed ! Karin

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
          Thank you for letting me know, Karin. Molly

          --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

          > We are hoping to have another one in the Spring of 2010 but it's up in the air right now. Keep your fingers crossed ! Karin
        • Wendy Sundquist
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12, 2009
            Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:

            I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
            John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
            spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
            ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.

            Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
            John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
            coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
            been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
            the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
            of years.

            We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
            of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
            my list of potential students.

            Wendy Sundquist
            info@...
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
              Sound quite interesting !

              --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Sundquist <wendy@...> wrote:

              > Scandinavian Spinning Workshop:
              >
              > I am currently working with Martha Owen, the resident spinner of the
              > John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina to set up a knitting and
              > spinning workshop that would involved Martha and Elizabeth Johnston ( https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=instructor_detail&instructor_id=879
              > ) from the Shetland Islands next April sometime.
              >
              > Elizabeth is coming to the US for a month then. She's teaching at
              > John C Campbell and the two of them want to take a trip to the west
              > coast and would like to jointly teach a class here. Elizabeth has
              > been the resident weaver/spinner at the historical site Scatness on
              > the south end of Mainland Island in the Shetland Islands for a number
              > of years.
              >
              > We don't have any details yet or a location for the class, but if any
              > of you are interested or have questions, contact me and I'll put you
              > my list of potential students.
              >
              > Wendy Sundquist
              > info@...

            • Franna Pitt
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
                You can put me on the "interested" list!
                Thanks,
                Franna
              • gklawer@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 15, 2009
                  Hi everyone! I'm interested in this class. Please write me down. Thank you, Gudy

                  Gudy Klawer%0D%0AThe Knitting Coach%0D%0A505-401-9978%0D%0Agklawer%40comcast.net