Re: Nordic Conference

  • knitabitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20 7:32 PM
      I want to send a BIG thank you to all the people that made the 2009 Nordic
      Knitting Conference possible. This was the first year I attended the conference
      and I was only able to attend the banquet and Evelyn Clarks 'Icelandic Shawl'
      class on Sunday. I was impressed by the way the conference was put together and
      by the inspirational talent of the teachers/designers that participated. It was
      great to have Acorn Street Shop, Toot Le Blanc & Co., Chalet in the Woods and the museum gift shop there to support the knitters with fantastic yarn, tools, and books.

      I encourage you to let Karin or Charlotte know what you liked or disliked about
      the conference. They and many others are striving to make the event a rich and
      gratifying experience for all!

      I also want to send out a HUGE thank you to Karin Lowe for pursuing her
      inspiration to approach the museum about bringing teachers and fiber artists
      from Scandinavia to share their talent. Karin has given us the opportunity to
      enriches our lives, strengthen our connection to our culture and heritage as
      well as share what we have learned.
      Tusen takk, Karin for your hard work and dedication to a great idea!

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 22 12:31 AM
        Thanks for writing !

        A big thanks again to Charlotte and the museum volunteers who worked so hard to put this together !