Re: [nordicknitters] Re: Bohus Knitting DVD

  • janetcharbonnier@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2009
      The DVD would be a wonderful addition to your library. You can go to the American Swedish Institutes web site and order it. There is also a book available about the history of Bohus authored by Wendy J. Johnson and Susanna Hansson. It is initially because of these two women meeting that the exhibit came to be. The photography is beautiful and the interviews are great.

      Janet Charbonnier

      -------------- Original message from "mcrolden" <mcrolden@...>: --------------

      I have a sad little tale about Bohus knitting. I first went to Sweden in 1965. I had saved up
      extra money to buy a rya rug kit - I knew exactly which one I wanted. I found it and bought
      it. (I made it, it's been hanging in our home ever since and I don't really regret having done
      that.)

      However at about the same time I "discovered" Bohus knitting! I didn't have any extra money
      to buy one, but I adored them all! The next time I went to Sweden (1971) I planned to buy a
      Bohus sweater, at any price! Too late! They were no longer being made and apparently were
      not available anywhere. Since then I have just had to admire them from afar.

      I do have a friend however who actually owns and wears one! She inherited it from her
      mother. How fortunate she is.

      I wish I lived near Minneapolis so I could see the Bohus exhibit. Instead I'm in Northern
      California. I have the book Poems of Color. Maybe the DVD would be a good addition to my
      knitting library!
      Christina Oldenburg