RE: [nordicknitters also a hostel just a few miles from the Museum

  • Kemper, Kathy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2008
      Here's another idea --

      You might want to try the hostel down on Shilshole (Seaview Avenue). Prices are quite low -- so you could easily take a cab the approx 1-2 miles uphill to the Nordic Heritage Museum. Here's the link.

      http://www.hostelseattle.com/hostel_seattle

      DORM BEDS 25.00 U.S.
      PRIVATE ROOM $60.00 U.S.

      The Travel lodge off Aurora would be OK. but the bus would not be so convenient.
      I finally figured out which the Starlight is, and it's a monthly kind of place -- I think mostly guys -- and kinda seedy.

      Kathy (from Ballard)
      From: Roberta Lord <rlordbbob@...<mailto:rlordbbob%40hotmail.com>>
      Subject: RE: [nordicknitters] Starlight Hotel for conference?
      To: nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nordicknitters%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 9:57 PM

      I don't think this is a good place to stay. I only saw one review for it online and it wasn't positive - it's more of a flop house than an actual hotel.

      There are hotels in the University district that aren't too bad and even some at the edge of downtown.

      Holiday Inn isn't bad and the #17 buss goes from the hotel to close to the Nordic Heritage Museum. http://www.ichotels group.com/ h/d/hi/1/ en/hotel/ seasc?_requestid =740673

      http://windowslive. com/Explore/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_hotmail_ acq_anywhere_ 122008

    • J E Boles
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2008
        Joyce Boles wrote:

        Thanks so much for this "local intelligence report"!  I will be on the phone tomorrow trying to figure things out.