Re: Knit Cafe' Seattle

  • rufusthecelt
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 14, 2008
      Mary Ann has offered me a ride and it looks like we will go

      Beth
      --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@...> wrote:

      > I tried going out and the roads are just too icy out here where I
      > live. I will call the museum to let them know that I won't be there
      > to set up, and will most likely be cancelled. We can try again in
      > January. Better safe than sorry!
      >
      > Karin
      >
      > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm going to go in case people decide to come. If there are just a
      > > few we can have the raffle in January. The snow is beautiful to look
      > > at but not much fun to drive in !
      > >
      > > Karin
      > >
      > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "rufusthecelt" <oddlief@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > so i'm guessing no knit cafe today?
      > > >
      > > > beth
      > > >
      > > > --- In nordicknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Karin" <loweosborn@>

      > > there
      > > crossed !

    • rufusthecelt
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
        Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?

        Beth
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2009
          If people would like to do a gift exchange that would be fun.
          We could hold the raffle too for the Finnish mitten kit, proceeds to go
          to the textile collection.

          wrote:

          > Are we doing a gift exchange for this month's cafe?
          >
          > Beth

        • rufusthecelt
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
            I would like to do it. I ran into alex and he sounded interested in
            it. That sounds like a fine idea to me.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009
              Hello,

              We will try again, weather permitting, to have a festive Knitters Cafe'
              on January 18th. If people would like to participate in a gift exchange
              that would be great. We can hold a raffle for the Riihivilla Finnish
              mitten kit, proceeds to benefit the textile collection. It starts at
              1PM with a potluck.

              Pat Brunner will give a short talk on Norwegian knitting then hold a
              Q&A session on steeking, stranding techniques, and more. Check out her
              beautiful designs on Ravelry as Patknitter ! She'll be teaching
              Contemporary Nordic Design at the Nordic Knitting Conference.